Monday, April 7, 2014
Happy Mother’s Day !!
Moms are the sweetest gift from god to us.They are so lovable and fill our hearts with love and laughter. Mummy you are the best. Love you !!
For this Mother’s day I made Pound Cake which is one of my Mom’s favorite dish.
Pound Cake is a soft buttery cake with a lovely golden brown crust. This is the most basic cake which is prepared by flour,butter,eggs and sugar.
Cake Flour – 1 ½ cups
Eggs – 3 no
Vanilla Extract – 1 ½ tsp
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Salt – ¼ tsp
Milk – 3 tbsp
Sugar – ¾ cup
Unsalted butter – ½ cup + 1/3 cup
- In a medium bowl take eggs, milk and vanilla extract and whisk well.
- Now add dry ingredients like Cake Flour, baking powder, salt,sugar and mix well till all the ingredients are combined well.
- Now add butter and mix well.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter or spray with a non stick vegetable spray, in round pan.
- Now pour the mixture in it and smooth the top with spatula.
- Bake for about 60-65 mins
- Remove the cake from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
- Pound Cake is Ready !!