Friday, March 21, 2014
- Capsicum chopped - 1/2 cup
- Beans chopped - 1/2 cup
- Cauliflower chopped - 1/2 cup
- Carrot chopped - 1/2 cup
- Peas - 1/2 cup
- Potatoes peeled & chopped - 1/2 cup
- Broccoli chopped - 1/2 cup
- Tomatoes (puree form) - 4-5 medium sized
- Ginger (grated) - 1/2 inch
- Cumin seeds (jeera) - 1/2 teaspoon
- Asafoetida (hing) - a pinch
- Coriander (dhania) powder - 1 teaspoon
- Green chillies chopped - 2
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Red chilli powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Cream - 2-3 tablespoons
- Paneer (cottage cheese) - 1/4 cup
- Oil - 3-4 tablespoons
The quantity of vegetables varies according to the size of the cup. If you are using a smaller cup, then you can take 1 cup of each vegetable.
- Wash & chop all the vegetables.
- Heat 1-2 tablespoons oil in a pan.
- Add capsicum to it & saute for a minute.
- Next, add beans & potatoes & mix them well.
- Next, add cauliflower, carrot, peas & broccoli & fry them well.
- Fry the vegetables well till they become slightly soft& slightly crunchy at the same time.
- Add half of the salt at this point & mix well.
- Heat oil in another pan.
- Add asafoetida (hing), cumin seeds (jeera) & as they crackle, add grated ginger to it.
- As they turn slightly brown, add chopped green chillies, coriander (dhania) powder & turmeric powder.
- Add tomato puree to this mixture & cook it well.
- Add red chilli powder & half of the salt to it.
- When the tomatoes start leaving oil, lower the flame & add cream to it.
- Mix them well & cook them well.
- Add garam masala powder to the tomatoes.
- Add the tomatoes mixture to the cooked vegetables & mix them really well.
- Once, they are mixed well, add paneer cubes to it.
- Once all the vegetables are well cooked, turn off the flame.
- Mix vegetable is ready to serve.