Monday, March 10, 2014
Asalam-wa-lekum!!!...sorry guys im unable to post regularly these days...i m hardly finding time for blogging these days,today we had a small snack party in our apartment,i have a group of 5 hyderabadi friends here.We meet up daily..thought lets make chole bature today as an evening snack...i made the chole n we all made the bature.This is my moms recipe..its a must try u will simply love it...thank u everyone for all ur comments...i do keep checking my blog whenever i m free...thanks for lifting up my spirits... INGREDIENTS:
- Kabuli chana 1 cup(soaked for 6-8 hours)
- Potatoes 2big(boiled and mashed)
- Onions 2large(grinded)
- Ginger-Garlic paste 2Tspns
- Tomatoes 3big
- Green chilles 6-8
- Red chilli powder 2Tspns
- Turmeric powder 1/4th Tspn
- Garam masala 1Tspn
- Coriander powder 1Tspn
- Cumin(zeera) powder 1/2Tspn
- Chole masala(any brand)
- Curry leaves few
- Coriander/Cilantro leaves 1bunch
- Loung (2-3),Dalchini(1 inch)
- Tamarind (handful-soak,stain and keep the pulp ready)
- Oil for cooking
- Salt to taste
- Pressure cook kabuli chana for 10minutes(u can also add potatoes to it) and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a vessel and add loung and dalchini , also add grinded onions and fry till golden brown in colour.
- Add slitted green chillies along with curry leaves.
- Now add ginger-garlic paste fry for about 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and let then condense a bit.
- Now add the cooked kabuli chana n potatoes along with salt,turmeric powder,red chilli powder,garam masala,coriander powder,cumin powder and chole masala.
- Add tamarind pulp and cook for 5-10minutes.Lastly add cilantro and serve along with baturas.