Sunday, February 9, 2014

Tequila Lime Shrimp


This day must go down in history! The very first seafood recipe to grace the pages of this blog! If you havent already noticed, Steve and I are not fish eaters. There are a few exceptions. I do love fried calamari and tuna salad. Steve loves all sushi and I really enjoy the salmon. Fillets of tuna, salmon or sole I just cant seem to get down, oh and then theres shrimp. I think I have tried shrimp at least once a year at the urging of my friend Marie. Anytime we are at a party that has shrimp cocktail she insists that I try it. I never, ever, EVER like it. So isnt it a huge surprise that I actually liked this grilled shrimp? I think it has to do with the grilling. I am going to be honest, although I liked it, I wont be making this once a week. Steve still wont eat it and I still have a long way to go. However, I know this recipe is a good one, especially since not one shrimp was left.

Oh and for all my bakespace peeps - SHRIMP, SHRIMP, SHRIMP - Please dont call it shrimps!!! LOL ;-)

Okay, so let me get onto the recipe. This was a busy day so we didnt get a ton of pictures but I think its enough for you to get the idea.

I found this recipe on a google search and used this one from about.com. 

Tequila Lime Shrimp

Prep Time: 12 minutes

Cook Time: 8 minutes

Total Time: 20 minutes

Ingredients: 

2 pounds large shrimp, unpeeled

Marinade:

1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup tequila
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
2 medium shallots, finely chopped
2 medium garlic cloves, minced
2 teaspoons cumin
salt and freshly ground black pepper

Directions:

Thread 3 to 4 shrimp on the skewers. If using bamboo skewers, make sure to soak for an hour before threading shrimp. Place in a large shallow non-aluminum dish. To prepare the marinade: mix together tequila, lime juice, garlic, shallots, salt, cumin, and pepper. Add in olive oil slowly, whisking until mixture is combined. Pour over shrimp and marinate in refrigerator for at least 1 to 4 hours.
Preheat grill for medium heat. Place shrimp on grill and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Remove from the grill, take the shrimp off skewers, and serve immediately.


Click here for a printable recipe of Tequila Lime Shrimp.


No comments:

Post a Comment