Tuesday, February 18, 2014

SWEDISH PANCAKES

Monica, over at  Lick the Bowl Good, recently posted a recipe for Swedish pancakes that caught my eye for a couple of reasons. Not only did they look tasty, but the recipe made a modest amount of batter... just the right amount for two or three hungry people (most pancake recipes feed an army).

 
Monicas pancakes were petite little beauties, but I knew that wouldnt go over too well with Hubby, so I made "macho man" size pancakes.  They were absolutely delicious and very quick to make.

1 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
¾ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 egg
1 cup buttermilk
1 tablespoon melted butter
I added ½ teaspoon vanilla that wasnt on the original recipe.

I put the dry ingredients in a bowl and mixed them with my whisk. I then put the wet ingredients in a different bowl and gave them a whisk. I then gently stirred  (with wooden spoon) the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, just until blended. Monica cautions not to over mix or the pancakes will be tough (small lumps in the batter are OK).

Cook on preheated  (medium) griddle that has been lightly buttered (I used cooking spray then wiped it off with a paper towel).

Monica suggests cooking 2 tablespoons of batter for each pancake, but I used about half a cup to make larger pancakes. Once the edges of the pancakes are slightly dry, flip them over and cook the other side until golden.

This is a beautiful batter and fluffs up very nicely, giving you a nice light pancake, we loved them.

Thank you Monica!!

No comments:

Post a Comment