Wednesday, February 5, 2014

FWYI Links You Should Care About

Well, Ive been reading some internet stuff, as Ive been known to do, and I simply cant help but share a few things.


  • What do you get when you combine a fiscally irresponsible writer with a mad passion for booze, cigarettes, men, and city living? No, not me!! Why, you get Carrie Bradshaw, of course. Even though Sex and the City has been off the air for years now, she continues to make women feel inadequate both financially and physically. Props to this article from Thought Catalog for reminding women everywhere yet again how unrealistic Hollywood portrayals of women and their shopping habits are. (Extra props for the parenthetical use of ellipses.)
  • So, the guy who played Horace on Lost got married last month. Not that that would be newsworthy for any other reason than that he married a 16 year old!!!! Fact. Did that just blow your mind? Well The Daily Mail found a video of his child bride, who, btw, is trying to become a country music singer, so prepare to have your mind blown once again, friends. There are so many things wrong with the video, I hardly know where to start. Since when did low-budget auto-tuned teen bop become country music? Her parents claim shes had no plastic surgery, but Im pretty sure those orbs on her chest could be used as a flotation device, should she fall out of that dingy. And I cant be sure, but isnt that a Fat Tuesdays glass shes holding? Ah, eff it. Shes married at 16...underage drinking is the least of her worries.
  • A new Miss USA was crowned on Sunday night. I wouldnt normally make a fuss (obsessed with pageants and pretty, sparkly things though I am), but bitch be a redhead!! A redhead yall. Good.For.Us. And yes, I consider it a victory for myself as well. 

Whoops...how did THAT get in there...??


Heres the real winner. You can see how I would make the mix-up though, right???

  • Emily over at Cupcakes and Cashmere is always coming up with the cutest manicures and these Mermaid Nails are no exception. Ive got big plans this weekend. I dont want to give it all away, but I will tell you the highlight of these plans will be doing that to my nails. Its never ending excitement with me, I tell ya what.
  • Do you ever find yourself alone, sad, and desirous of eating your feelings away into a chocolate chip oblivion, only to find you have NO BROWN SUGAR ANYWHWERE IN THIS GODDAMMNED APARTMENT!!!!??? Is that just me? Well, no more! Kerry over at Bakergirl has the cure for what ails you. And if you dont need that, just make your own brown sugar. Its supes easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment